low freq adjusments for LSR6332 or lsr32 Flush mounting

Forum for all aspects of speakers and speaker design.

Moderator: Aaronw

valentin

low freq adjusments for LSR6332 or lsr32 Flush mounting

Post by valentin »

I'd contact the manufacturer of the speakers Bob. I was interested in the JBL LSR series and I contacted them via email and they sent me the Low F adjustments for flush mounting. When we got the genelecs they had the flush mounting specs in the manual.

cheers
JOhn
do you still have Low F adjustments are they for the lsr32
if you do can you share them

i also wrought to jbl but haven had an answer
a set of measurements wont tell you if you have a good speaker but it will tel you the difference between a good and a great speaker
valentin

Post by valentin »

he is the jblpro response for any one with these speakers
I own the JBL LSR6332 series and I am planing flush mounting them could you send me the Low F adjustments for flush mounting.
Hello Valentin

If the LSR6332 speaker enclosure is completely sealed and flush mounted in a baffle, then anechoic response will rise a total of 6dB with decreasing frequency. The rise may start as high as 700 Hz, and the peak may be somewhere between 150Hz and 300 Hz when measured in an anechoic chamber. However in your room, if you EQ the speaker to be flat, the speaker may sound thin because the in-room response may require adjustment to achieve a good balance of high, mid and bass frequency response. Therefore, it is best to perform an in-room measurement and adjust the EQ as needed. At the same time you can adjust for other balance and room modes issues.
Regards,
Peter

Peter Chaikin
a set of measurements wont tell you if you have a good speaker but it will tel you the difference between a good and a great speaker