Soffit mounting JBL LSR 6332's/Rounded edges??

Forum for all aspects of speakers and speaker design.

Moderator: Aaronw

camistan

Soffit mounting JBL LSR 6332's/Rounded edges??

Post by camistan »

I've pretty much decided (99.9% sure) to purchase and soffit mount JBL's LSR 6332 speakers. The one thing that concerns me is that the edges are "rounded (see pic below). When constructing the bezel for these, it doesn't seem you can get the edges of the bezel right next to the very front of the speakers.

The second pic is an idea that came to mind to solve this, although I hope this wouldn't be the only solution.

Other than building a bezel with a curved inside to match the curvature of the speakers, what else can be done?

Thanx!
Take Care and GOD Bless
Stan
gullfo

Post by gullfo »

this would seem to be the optimal solution for matching the bezel to the speaker. depending on the depth of the curved face, it might not be detrimental to have the bezel only meet up to the squared sides and have the speaker protrude from the face (it looks to be less than an inch).

if you have the ability (or know someone :-)) who can build the bezel to make it flush mount that would be nice. If not, depending on the material you use (and thus cost) you could try to mount it square with the speaker protruding and if you find it has some issue with response, then go back and build the curved bezel plate.
Last edited by gullfo on Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Glenn
camistan

Post by camistan »

Thanx gullfo!
I probably will try to get someone to angle those bezel insides to match the speaker curvature. Heck, I might even try it myself first. It doesn't seem to be a difficult job with the right size router bit...we'll see... :wink:

Anyway, thanx again for the help!
Take Care and GOD Bless
Stan
jammin dad

Post by jammin dad »

With the right size cove bit and a routertable should be a easy dyi. :)
I'm doing the best i can
valentin

Post by valentin »

are you happy with lsr6332
a set of measurements wont tell you if you have a good speaker but it will tel you the difference between a good and a great speaker