Rockwool, NSW Australia...

Find out where to get building materials in your local area. If you find a good outlet post it and others will be able to access it through the search engine.

Moderators: Aaronw, John Sayers

Musicianista

Rockwool, NSW Australia...

Post by Musicianista »

Here is a link to the guys at FM Insulation who have an extensive range of Rockwool & Fibreglass products for those on the east coast of Oz.

http://fminsulation.com.au/cms/

Don't forget your gloves and mask, Itchy! 8)
Cheers,

Andy
Sideshow

Cool!

Post by Sideshow »

Hi Andy!

Thanks for posting this info - much appreciated.

I checked the site and one rockwool material listed is up near 90kg/sq metre - from what I have read this is probably a little too dense for proper bottom end control.

Take care with the choice buddy - I have gone with a semi rigid 35kg/sq metre material as advised by John.

All the best
nymo

Post by nymo »

Hi Sideshow,

Could you please tell me exactly which wall insulation you used that John recommended for your studio...very nice looking btw !

Actually...i used to go to school with Simon Tonx..so if you see him...say hi from Nymo !!

Cheers
N
Y
M
O
Sideshow

Post by Sideshow »

Nymo,

Great to hear from you - best thing to use is Dacron - made by Tontine - but it is VERY VERY expensive.

I went with Bradford semi rigid with tissue paper (supplied like that).
I used combinations of 25mm semi rigid against gyprock (comes with no paper) then 50mm with paper on top of that - i.e. inside of studio wall - then covered with acoustic cloth.
It is expensive as well but with the tissue paper you don't get exposed to the fibres in the studio.

Will say hi to Mr Tonx for you :)
Willo

Post by Willo »

Sideshow wrote:Nymo,

Great to hear from you - best thing to use is Dacron - made by Tontine - but it is VERY VERY expensive.

I went with Bradford semi rigid with tissue paper (supplied like that).
I used combinations of 25mm semi rigid against gyprock (comes with no paper) then 50mm with paper on top of that - i.e. inside of studio wall - then covered with acoustic cloth.
It is expensive as well but with the tissue paper you don't get exposed to the fibres in the studio.

Will say hi to Mr Tonx for you :)
Can you please post info on the insulation product you used. Order number or product number etc. would be handy as I too rang the guys at FMInsulation and didn't really know if this was the right product. where you got it too would be great.
best thing to use is Dacron - made by Tontine - but it is VERY VERY expensive.
What are you referring to for the dacron? The material covering the insulation??

Ta

Willo