Acoustic Sealant

Find out where to get building materials in your local area. If you find a good outlet post it and others will be able to access it through the search engine.

Moderators: Aaronw, John Sayers

medboyle

Acoustic Sealant

Post by medboyle »

Can anyone tell me the spec of the Acoustic sealant they have used. I have found one which is easily available but am unsure if this is good enough.

here is the link to the sealant i have found
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro ... 3&ts=51730

thanks
sharward

Post by sharward »

Wow -- fire rated. Looks good. It says "acoustic sealant" and that's all I personally know to look for.

That's the large commercial size tube too (900 ml, 30.4 oz).

Seems pretty expensive though at £5.80/each (around $11.50/each)... I bought my tubes for around $4/each (around £2/each).

--Keith :mrgreen:
"Converting a garage into living space requires a city permit . . . homeowners insurance won't cover a structure that's been changed without a building permit . . ." --Sacramento Bee, May 27, 2006
medboyle

Post by medboyle »

thanks sharward,

I thought the price was ok, i've seen other ones priced at as much as £15 a tube, We get ripped off over here for everything compared to the prices in the US.

Thanks for your speedy reply

Cheers
redeye

ripped off, too right we are

Post by redeye »

Yep, thats the stuff, bought some myself. screwfix didnt have a gun for the 900ml tubes though, found one at keyline for 20 quid. have spotted them at B&Q.

steve
jamminji

Post by jamminji »

sharward wrote:Wow -- fire rated. Looks good. It says "acoustic sealant" and that's all I personally know to look for.

That's the large commercial size tube too (900 ml, 30.4 oz).

Seems pretty expensive though at £5.80/each (around $11.50/each)... I bought my tubes for around $4/each (around £2/each).

--Keith :mrgreen:
Where did you find it? I am looking for accoustic sealant in the US right now. What name/brand.? I heard that marine sealant, or any sealant that does not harden will work. True? I liittle scary buying a bunch of sealant that would NOT do the job! $4 sound great to me!

jam