Patchbay basic design, need comments

What is three phase electrics? how do I wire a patchbay? ask all your techo questions here.

Moderator: Aaronw

null

Patchbay basic design, need comments

Post by null »

Hi this is a diagram of what a typical recording session set up will be in my studio, I am new when it comes to patchbays and digital to audio converters, so what I've shown is my best estimate.
For lack of time I haven't included the studio monitors, but I assume they will be plugged directly into the mixing console.
I haven't spent any money on this yet, so this is why I'd like comments. If you can give me some pointers with respect to which patchbays/wiring would serve my purpose or better yet, complement it, please let me know.
null

Post by null »

Ok a question:

Can I eliminate the need for the XLR patch bay by running some kind of external phantom power device (i.e between the phantom powered vocal mic and patch bay)?
null

Post by null »

Thanks for nothing...

Not that I care - I'm chucking the whole design and getting one of these instead

http://www.presonus.com/firepod.html
Aaronw

Post by Aaronw »

Thanks for nothing...
Null,

I apologize for not posting anything to your post. However, over the course of the last 3 or 4 weeks, I've literally maybe had a total of about 20 minutes tops, combined to hop online and check the site.

My full time job has had me the busiest I've been in years, and flying me out of town, etc. and I just hadn't had the chance to post. For that, I'm sorry.

And not to mention, but now feel obligated to tell you, I've also been having some medical issues, been in lots of pain, seeing doctors, getting tests, on medication, etc. and it's just wiped me out too.

I've tried my best over the last few years to try and help others out as much as possible, and sometimes I fall short of doing so.

So, before you start slamming anyone, at least understand the fact that everyone here spends a lot of their free time trying to help others when they can. Unfortunately, I've just been a little more out of pocket recently and just couldn't make it online. After all, I do have a life.

Aaron