Homemade Soundproofing

Get your "what mic?" frustration or "have you heard" out here. The language could get real okka in here mate.

Moderators: Aaronw, kendale, John Sayers

MCNick

Homemade Soundproofing

Post by MCNick »

Hey everyone, I was just wondering if this was a myth or not. I heard that if you cover the walls in like McDonalds pop covers it will sound proof the room fairly well. What is going down in this studio is hiphop rapping and shit. Won't be recording turn tables or drums or anthing. Just rapping. So i was wondering if it was true before I start stealing pop covers haha.
sharward

Post by sharward »

Forget myths, especially that one.

Stick with products and techniques with credible third party lab tests that prove their worthiness.
"Converting a garage into living space requires a city permit . . . homeowners insurance won't cover a structure that's been changed without a building permit . . ." --Sacramento Bee, May 27, 2006
MCNick

Post by MCNick »

So your saying that shit don't work? Because i have a few of em. Or does that work you just want me to use foam and shit?
sharward

Post by sharward »

You must be an April Fool's joke. :lol:

If not, it means exactly what I wrote "and shit." :roll:

If you don't believe me, go ahead and try it, then report back with the results. I'm sure we'd all be interested in your report. Abd be sure to take pictures.
"Converting a garage into living space requires a city permit . . . homeowners insurance won't cover a structure that's been changed without a building permit . . ." --Sacramento Bee, May 27, 2006
MCNick

Post by MCNick »

Whatever man, I was just making sure. Because I'm a broke and I want to know the cheapest way to sound proof.