Hello everybody!

Get your "what mic?" frustration or "have you heard" out here. The language could get real okka in here mate.

Moderators: Aaronw, kendale, John Sayers

tomarse

Hello everybody!

Post by tomarse »

My name is Thomas, I'm from Vienna, Austria, I'm 22 and an air traffic controller trainee hopefully to be finished within the next two years.

Just wanted to say hello to you guys. I've been reading a lot since I found this place about one month ago and still there's some great and useful stuff to read and look at. I'm still having a hard time with some of the specific expressions regarding studio building as English is not my native language, obviously, but I think I'll get used to it.
I started out at the drums at the age of 15 and with playing in a band, I happened to get into that recording thing. Unfortunately, I had to quit more than three years ago due to several reasons and also stopped doing recording, but I'm looking forward to get into it again as soon as possible.
The "recording" we did back then was that kind of "get it done cheaply" in an awful sounding basement deadened with acoustic foam all the way, and if I remember correctly, the recordings sounded just like that. I guess, some of you may also have started at this stage :)

So, in a nutshell, I'm currently neither drumming nor recording, but I am still interested and plan to start out again in some years when I'll hopefully have built my house. Currently I live in a flat and my education, my girlfriend and some other things take a lot of time, so I will have to wait a few years.

I will be lurking around in my spare time, reading, and sometimes posting a question or two. It's good to see that the (home)recording community has grown within the last years (since I have not followed the development for a long time). Maybe I'm also going to post some of my Sketchup files as I am already planning whenever time permits ;)

Best regards,
Thomas
kendale

Post by kendale »

Aloha and welcome to the forum, Thomas

Glad to hear you're finding your way back into music and recording. It's good therapy after a hectic day of keeping all of those aircraft coming and going safely.

See you around.

Aloha 8)
Jerry Maguire: Help me... help you. Help me, help you.
tomarse

Post by tomarse »

kendale wrote:Aloha and welcome to the forum, Thomas

Glad to hear you're finding your way back into music and recording. It's good therapy after a hectic day of keeping all of those aircraft coming and going safely.

See you around.

Aloha 8)
Hey kendale,

thanks. I agree completely with what you say about music. The good thing is, there is always new music to discover, which is exciting each time. Just like making music myself :)

I suppose Hawaii is a nice place to live, a friend of mine goes to Hawaii, mostly western Maui, every year and the photos make me wanna go there as well.

So long