New member saying "Hello!"

Get your "what mic?" frustration or "have you heard" out here. The language could get real okka in here mate.

Moderators: Aaronw, kendale, John Sayers

Mr. Bluesman

New member saying "Hello!"

Post by Mr. Bluesman »

"Hello" :D

I'm Vedran from Croatia, I'm almost 15, and I'm really into music, audio equipment, hanging out on the net etc.

First, to clear up any confusion, my nickname (Mr. Bluesman) I came up with listening to the song of Richie Sambora from his "Stranger In This Town" album.

My dream is too have a small house with a studio outside of the town one day. (when I grow up and have enough money... probably never :lol: :? )

I really don't know much about studios or the equipment inside them, except maybe microphone use etc., but that's why I'm here: to learn stuff and to have a good time hanging out with you good people. (at least until I build my house :lol: :lol: :lol: )

I actually play the guitar for 4 years, drums for a littleover than 2 years, and I've been fooling around with keyboards for a few years now.

Since I don't know much about studios, and the studio I dream of having one day I don't want to be commercial, I was thinking something in the lines of a control room + live room for rehearsing and tracking.

I started fooling around with that Sketchup thing yesterday, it's very cool! Thanks for the link! :)

So that's it about me, cheers! :wink:
Last edited by Mr. Bluesman on Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
I'm a kid. Haha!
Mr. Bluesman

Post by Mr. Bluesman »

Me again...

I took some screen shots, so you can see it until I find a place to upload my file.

"This is what I've done so far, not nearly finished, but you get the basic point. A lot of stuff is probably wrong, considering the basic principals of recording studios etc., but as I said before, I don't know much, and I'd like you to just help me out a little with the positioning of the control room, ISOs, live rooms etc."

(no pictures right now, sorry)
Last edited by Mr. Bluesman on Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a kid. Haha!
knightfly

Post by knightfly »

Hi Vedran, welcome; nice drawings, but you need to resize them BELOW 800 pixels wide so they don't make everyone scroll sideways to read the text... Steve
Soooo, when a Musician dies, do they hear the white noise at the end of the tunnel??!? Hmmmm...
Mr. Bluesman

Post by Mr. Bluesman »

I'm verry sorry about that, it won't happen again. :wink: :D

I've done some new stuff anyway, so it doesn't matter.

Well, anyway, hello again, if anyone has any comments to share, please do.
I'm a kid. Haha!
knightfly

Post by knightfly »

Mainly just keep reading and studying, then DO what you read about if you can. There's a ton of material here, also at the older site that John had

http://www.saecollege.de/reference_material/index.html

Don't give up your dreams, they are most of what you are - and any day you learn something new is a GOOD day. I've lived by these two things most of my life, and I'm now the smartest, STUBBORNEST old fart on my block :mrgreen:

Seriously though - keep learning, keep dreaming, and take any road that takes you closer to the direction you want to go... Steve
Soooo, when a Musician dies, do they hear the white noise at the end of the tunnel??!? Hmmmm...
Tatko

Post by Tatko »

Steve, your words are so true. That's a prescription for a hard working life full of abdication but filled with endles joy and happines.

And Steve, your signature is genius!

:D
Always do your best
knightfly

Post by knightfly »

Thanks Tatko - those methods haven't made me money-rich, but if I die tomorrow I will have had fun and won't have to hang my head (very much, anyway :=) about my treatment of others - more than that, who needs it? :lol: Steve