Green Glue in UK

Find out where to get building materials in your local area. If you find a good outlet post it and others will be able to access it through the search engine.

Moderators: Aaronw, John Sayers

geoff_fry01

Green Glue in UK

Post by geoff_fry01 »

I have been quoted for green glue by http://www.rpg-europe.co.uk/GG/index.htm

for 1 case of green glue and delivery and 1 applicator/gun

1 Case of Glue £108
+ delivery of £12.20
+ an applicator £10

+vat
= £152.99

or
$ 297.69

this seems real pricey and I am wondering if anyone else has purchased GG from else where in teh UK or europe and had it delivered for less??

Thanks

Geoff
mattym

Post by mattym »

Hi Geoff

Sorry mods if this breaks any rules, i thought i should reply to this

GreenGlue case price:

the case price was fixed some time last year and was the exchange rate equivilant + import tax of the GreenGlue Company retail. I dont know if the retail in the US includes taxes or if there are local taxes to apply, however in the uk for private individuals we apply VAT.

Delivery cost was £12.20 which is TNT standard Next Day delivery cost of the time, its worth noting that we now charge around £7.75 for delivery for one case, as we have a better carrier.

Applicators can be bought online for £26, US Quart sized guns are hard to find in the uk, we have no profit on applicators at all, £10 is virtually cost price.

Trade and large quantity orders are cheaper of course.
sharward

Post by sharward »

No problem at all, mattym... It's appreciated! :-)
"Converting a garage into living space requires a city permit . . . homeowners insurance won't cover a structure that's been changed without a building permit . . ." --Sacramento Bee, May 27, 2006