New Floor Plans! Please take a look...

Plans and things, layout, style, where do I put my near-fields etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, kendale, John Sayers

lunatic

New Floor Plans! Please take a look...

Post by lunatic »

Well, we're now converting the entire garage into a Studio and that's a good thing :D

So, please take a look at these 3 different plans that I have so far and let me know what you think! Some small items are still missing in the plans. One you'll notice is missing a door. I'm really just trying to pin down a solid floor plan so I can concentrate on the details.

I also want to thank everyone for all their help through this whole process. I sincerely appreciate it.

Peace,
Brad

Plan 1:Image

Plan 2:Image

Plan 3:Image
AWS

Opinion

Post by AWS »

Hi. I´m Fernando and I´m new here... I´m from Argentine, so I apologyse about my bad english!!! :D

So.. about the designs... In my opinion the second is more nice, probably you will have less standing waves... or bad reflections... I´ll say that the visual contact is good too.

In th third example, the Live Room is too deform, you can have serious problemes there... but I mut admit, that the nicest and practical design of Control Room is the third, more symetrical (you can have a little trouble with the windows that close).

I hope that my opinion helps you, for good or for bad. Bye! :)

Fernando Musarra
AWS
"Some day, It will over"
lunatic

Post by lunatic »

Fernando,

Your English was fine! I had no problems understanding you.

I think I like Plan 2. It seems to have the best use of space.

Could you explain "you can have a little trouble with the windows that close"?

Thanks for looking and for the input!

-Brad
John Sayers
Site Admin

Post by John Sayers »

I'd go for a combination of 1 and 2. If you look at the door walls in 2 they are pretty well parallel to their opposite wall, so I'd splay the angle a bit less, more like 1 but not quite so much. I'd also put a second iso booth at the bottom right.

cheers
john
AWS

Weard Reflections?

Post by AWS »

Well Brad, It´s a honor to post here!

When I said that you could´ve problems with the window... I mean, that the sound reflections of the speakers on the glass don´t come right into your ears! The reflections will arrive a little ms. later than the direct sound... so, bad hearing... only that. :roll:

Thanks for the reply! I really like this forum (thanks to you too John!)

Fernando Musarra
AWS
"Some day, It will over"
lunatic

Post by lunatic »

My apologies for the delay in response. I live in Colorado and we just finished with a HUGE snow storm that left 6 ft of snow in my driveway and us without power for 2.5 days.

I'm going to take a look at your recommendation John! As always, thank you very much for your input.

AWS, thanks for clearing that up!

Peace,
Brad