A curious room...

How thick should my walls be, should I float my floors (and if so, how), why is two leaf mass-air-mass design important, etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, sharward

Guillermo

A curious room...

Post by Guillermo »

Hello, I'm new in this great forum..i have to say that i've been checking it since many time, but, i think i have a different question...ok, i'll explain. We want to rehearse in a kind of 32 m2 room. After checking the SAE page, i decided to put a 1,5 cm plasterboard in steel screwed straight to the floor and to the roof...well, we put a 8 cm mineral rock glued to the plasterboards, so the plasterboards dont touch the steel, you know...Theres like a 70-120 cm airgap between the plasterboards and the original concrete wall, it depends on the place of the room...ok, anyway...i've listened to the sound (particullary its quite hard, two guitars playing distortion, bass and crazy loud drums), and i think it reduces it...but i think not enough....and somehow i think i've done things terribly bad, we have spent money with this.

Ok, the roof is a 2 meters hanged fake plaster roof, like 1cm...and we bought a comercial material called Copopren (like 10$ m2). We will glue it to the plaster, i think the material is good, they use it in clubs in my city...its very popular... Ok, we have neightbours over the room, but the rest not, because the first floor is all of our property.

Any suggestion? I would thank averything....and sorry for my english, talking about technical things is painful.

Guillermo. Spain.
knightfly

Post by knightfly »

Guillermo, sorry for the delay in answering - long hours at work, short sleep sometimes get in the way.

Please don't apologise for language, I only speak ONE language and sometimes STILL mess it up. If I had to translate technical information to another language and make it understandable, I'd be in serious trouble...

It would make things much easier for me to picture if you could do a basic drawing or two in the Paint program (windows - I don't think Mac even gives you a drawing program) - if you can do that and post it here, it should make things easier for me to see. What I need are details such as frame, then layer by layer of the wall or ceiling, all the way from the air space in your room to the outside world, with each material identified. Method of fastening, such as glue, nails, screws will also help... Steve
Soooo, when a Musician dies, do they hear the white noise at the end of the tunnel??!? Hmmmm...