Blue Bear Sound is up

Discuss the studios designed by John Sayers productions

Moderators: Aaronw, John Sayers

Michael Jones

Post by Michael Jones »

Blue Bear Sound wrote:Thanks Michael....

I had some prospective clients by last night to have a tour... they had just come from one of my competitors (whose place I had only seen in photos).

They were blown away - saying my competitor's place couldn't hold a candle to it. It's bigger, more comfortable, and has a much better vibe! (Their words!)

That's encouraging -- nice to know how my place compares to my competitor's from a client perspective!

:)
Yeah, I've been checking out my competitors too.
I would say that 95% of them don't really have what I would consider "proper facilities."
Basically, they are rooms in a house, with no real control room geometry or proper acoustics.
I was going to post some of their web sites, but on second thought, I'd better not.
Now, I'm not saying that they can't turn out a quality product, but without the proper facilities that product is going to be affected.

Anyway, its encouraging to see that I'll have a higher quality studio to offer once consturction is complete.........
Blue Bear Sound

Post by Blue Bear Sound »

The only difficulty there is convincing some clients how important a proper acoustic environment actually is....!

Thankfully they brought a mix from another competitor, and I was able to A/B it with some mixes I'd done.... the difference was immediately obvious! (And these weren't even mixes done in the new place!)

I'm definitely pumped by the client reaction so far... I just have to capitalize on it!
ap

Post by ap »

:shock: Looks like you went all-out! Very impressive.

I notice you used wood flooring in places, and from another thread, that you used some type of birch laminate. I know you didn't have much ceiling to work with, so it must be very close to the concrete. What went under it? Any opinion on the sound? Any theory that you know of as to why this is better than just carpet over concrete, or worse than building on joists?
revaudio

Looks great!

Post by revaudio »

I don't know you guys, but I checked out the blue bear studio pictures - it looks fantastic! And you've got the vibe going too, very, very nice. Congrats, guys! Best of luck with the new space...

- Jason
Revolution Audio
www.revolutionaudio.ca
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Greenhorn

Post by Greenhorn »

Beautiful! :!: