Soundproof room so neighbors will not go nuts!

How thick should my walls be, should I float my floors (and if so, how), why is two leaf mass-air-mass design important, etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, sharward

John Mayes

Post by John Mayes »

in addition there may be a possiblilty (depending on ya'll thoughts) the control room, which shares a wall with the drawing above, is 11x18 and I guess it is feasable to make that the tracking room and the above drawing the control room..problem is the 11x18 room has no door. It has a opening that looks like a door but has a rounded top on it.... kinda like the southwest style of things... More room would be better but how would we work around the door/open entrance? The 11x18 room alos has three windows but outside noise coming in is not too big of a factor and if I was going to build a room in a room (which I'm planning on it) then the windows would not be too big of a issue I suppose... The other whammy about the 11x18 room is that it has a strange vaulted ceiling which would amke it hard to drop a ceiling, but I suppose not tooooooo hard. I guess my main issues with the smaller room is that it is small..and that the neighbors see the wall that has the closet on it, which should amke it hard to isolate that as it would be a booger to work around the closet. Shoot who knows....thoughts???
John Mayes
Mayes Guitars
www.mayesguitars.com
knightfly

Post by knightfly »

John, if you have some kind of "zip manager" that will allow you to compress an Autocad file into .zip format, post it that way. I'll convert it to pdf so all can view it, it'll also let me play with it in high res.

BTW, is it possible you could "lose" the closet? Mainly, though, try to zip your autocad drawing and post it... Steve
Soooo, when a Musician dies, do they hear the white noise at the end of the tunnel??!? Hmmmm...