Wood For Slots

How thick should my walls be, should I float my floors (and if so, how), why is two leaf mass-air-mass design important, etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, sharward

gearmike

Post by gearmike »

Sounds like a good plan.

I'll try to get a drawing together today. What if the slat (box) wall was seperated from the interior wall? Would that help?

I'll post it to barefoot's forum too...
rsb

Post by rsb »

If you are using this 10ft tall box with slats on the top to accomplish absorbsion down to 80hz. Would it not be a lot less work to just build a panel trap at that point?

It seems like it would take up a lot less space and be a lot easier to work with.

Ryan
gearmike

Post by gearmike »

My question is partially academic and partially real world. I'm trying to figure out the physics of how these things work so I can better understand them. Panel Traps would definitely be a smaller solution, but would it absorb as much and as low?
gearmike

Post by gearmike »

I was just thinking...

You know how a lot of control rooms have a couch in the rear of the room raised up about 6 or 8 inches? What if instead of losing that space under the couch, it was built to be a slat resonator? I'll draw some diagrams tonight and you guys can tell me if I'm way off...