Yorkville YSM2P

Forum for all aspects of speakers and speaker design.

Moderator: Aaronw

Mattimus

Yorkville YSM2P

Post by Mattimus »

anyone heard anything about these? i dont know if you can get yorkville outside of canada... there $300 canadian/pair and there powered:

http://www.yorkville.com/products.asp?t ... =20&id=332

anyone know if there worth it... im 18.. i only really record punk rock music and my control room is tiny (6ft x 7ft) (i dunno if any of that matters)
Blindelf

Post by Blindelf »

I am also considering these. They are available in the US...best price I have found is $119 US each from Front End Audio (frontendaudio.com).

I've read positive things about Yorkville's other products. For a very small room like you describe you might also look at the M Audio DX4 at $150 US per pair, but I decided I wanted a little more than that for my small (7x10') space and am considering these Yorkvilles OR the Wharfedale Diamond 8.1 Pro, which is also about $250 US per pair and based on one of the top-rated small loudspeakers of the last decade...

Also I'd say there's some excellent speaker design done in Canada if my Paradigm Titans are any clue...stunning sound quality and value. I always enjoy the looks they put on people's faces upon first hearing, especially guys who've spent way more on Bose or Infinity sets.