Need alot of help on acousticly treating 4 rooms

How to use REW, What is a Bass Trap, a diffuser, the speed of sound, etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, sharward

Zeke

Need alot of help on acousticly treating 4 rooms

Post by Zeke »

Hello, i visiting from fthe bbs at homerecording.com, and i'm tryng to acousticly treat my 4 rooms. (control, vocal, drum and live ) I have a very low budget so i need some stuff that works great but for a good price. Also i need help on where to treat the room. Bottom line: I've been recording for 4 years, but i don't know acoustics as good as i know recording so i need all the help i can get. here's the studio's design:

Zeke
giles117

Post by giles117 »

Well what is your budget?

Are you just looking for something to put on the walls or are you looking for a solution?

Bryan
Zeke

Post by Zeke »

I guess my budget will be about $150 i guess. I'm just looking for away to get the freqs and revurb down. But not Dead. I don't really need to worry abut sound proffing becasue i live in the country and about 2/4 a mile from the road. But i would like to iso. all the rooms where they would not leak bad, so the're not picked up on other mics.

Zeke
John Sayers
Site Admin

Post by John Sayers »

well I'd go out and purchase $150 worth of 703 and place it on the walls to cut down the verb time. That's about all you can do for that budget.

cheers
john
Zeke

Post by Zeke »

I've heard of 703, but i'm not really sure what it is or where to get it. and will $150 cover my whole studio? I don't play to try to cover every ince, because it will suck in my highs, but i do what to completely cover the vocal room right? And the control room, i planed on covering maybe 50-60% of it, the live room, maybe 50% and the drum room i dunno.
Zeke

Post by Zeke »

I've heard of 703, but i'm not really sure what it is or where to get it. and will $150 cover my whole studio? I don't play to try to cover every ince, because it will suck in my highs, but i do what to completely cover the vocal room right? And the control room, i planed on covering maybe 50-60% of it, the live room, maybe 50% and the drum room i dunno.
barefoot

Post by barefoot »

Zeke,

Why is isolation between the Vocal, Drum, and Live room important to you? Do really plan on recording the various tracks simultaneously?

As far as isolation goes, I suggest you just concentrate on the control room. Considering your budget, sealing up any air paths between the control room and the rest of the studio is probably all you can afford - but that can help a lot.

If you primarily record one track at a time, then isolating the other rooms from one another isn't very important. If you're recording multiple tracks simultaneously, then you're probably aiming for more of a live recording feel - and in this case a little bleed between tracks is likely a good thing anyway.

Thomas
Thomas Barefoot
Barefoot Sound
Zeke

Post by Zeke »

thanks. yeah, i do record myself butas soon as i get my studio done, i plan on recording bands and stuff, which i will need some iso. I don't mind a little bleed but it would be better than nothing.

Thanks

Zeke
John Sayers
Site Admin

Post by John Sayers »

Zeke - are these walls already built??

cheers
john
Zeke

Post by Zeke »

yeah