Maybe Some Inspiration for Musicians/Bands Building Studios

Get your "what mic?" frustration or "have you heard" out here. The language could get real okka in here mate.

Moderators: Aaronw, kendale, John Sayers

sharward

Maybe Some Inspiration for Musicians/Bands Building Studios

Post by sharward »

I happened to catch this today, and I thought I would post this just in case any of you musicians/bands building your own recording studios need a little boost of inspiration. 8)
In the Orlando Florida Guide, someone wrote:Independence is the spirit that led CROSSFADE to build and equip their own studio, to manage themselves for a time, and to produce and record their debut album them­selves, with post-production by engineer/mixer Randy Staub (Metallica, P.O.D., 3 Doors Down).

The first single, “Cold,” will be serviced to Active Rock radio January 27, although it’s already made a huge impression on the band’s hometown radio station, WARQ-FM. Throughout September and June 2005, “Cold” was part of the “Top Five at Five” request list for 26 out of 45 days.

CROSSFADE began with nothing--literally. In the late ‘90s, Ed Sloan, Mitch James and Brian Geiger formed a band called The Nothing, a kind of "heavy-metal Wrathchild America and Metallica take-off," in Geiger's words. The Nothing worked hard to create original material and a sound of their own. To make this happen, Ed began constructing a home studio, Sugarstar Studios, which he describes as "a brick garage at my house that was made into livable space with some added soundproofing and basic gear," while Brian took on management duties.
See the whole story here.

Cool, huh? :mrgreen: