2 Basic Things

How thick should my walls be, should I float my floors (and if so, how), why is two leaf mass-air-mass design important, etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, sharward

knightfly

Post by knightfly »

"If I ever build a studio I'll put lead on the doors" - Then, when you get as old as I am, you can borrow some of that lead to put back in your "pencil" (may not be a common expression in your locale, if not just ignore :=)

Eric, I had the CBD-239 info already on my hard drive but noted that nothing at all is mentioned about MTC, only STC and formulas for TL -

However, the USG page (that we both linked) by Mr. Roller sheds more light on insulation and the psycho-acoustic effects of various frequency bands' attenuation levels than anything else I've seen to date.

Obviously, I need to study that info more (and this time, hopefully NOT remember things BACKWARDS... Steve
Soooo, when a Musician dies, do they hear the white noise at the end of the tunnel??!? Hmmmm...
scoobster

Post by scoobster »

knightfly wrote:"If I ever build a studio I'll put lead on the doors" - Then, when you get as old as I am, you can borrow some of that lead to put back in your "pencil" (may not be a common expression in your locale, if not just ignore :=)
hehehehe lead in the pencil :lol: :lol:

Cheers
The Scoobster
knightfly

Post by knightfly »

Well, I guess we know at least ONE other part of the world that's heard that one :=))
Soooo, when a Musician dies, do they hear the white noise at the end of the tunnel??!? Hmmmm...