flooring

Plans and things, layout, style, where do I put my near-fields etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, kendale, John Sayers

charoo

flooring

Post by charoo »

hello all !

being a member of this forum i really feeling great and learning a great technics. Thanx to John ! These dayz i am bizi in constructing my studio and right now just making it on papers and wanna start it soon physically. I just want to know why the thickness of plywood layers on floor should be 32mm, is there anything technical associated with it ? I have a normal indian style floor in my space made up of bulding materials like stones, cement and etc. The future studio will be on ground floor only. After going through johns manual of studio construction i found that a frame on the rupper pad with a layer of insulation and two plywoods layers of 16mm each, cant i go for a single 19mm plywood layer?

luv
charoo
John Sayers
Site Admin

Post by John Sayers »

In your situation Charoo - 19mm would be fine. I'm getting there with your plan mate - how's the fever - I see it's hot in your part of India today.

cheers
john
charoo

its' too hot

Post by charoo »

Namaste John!

Thanx for your reply. Well i am fine now, it was just due to change in weather. Yaa its' too hot here, people started wearing cotton again, how come you know about our weather? What about your ? is it still raining?

luv
charoo