Found Semi Rigid Fiber Glass Dealer

Find out where to get building materials in your local area. If you find a good outlet post it and others will be able to access it through the search engine.

Moderators: Aaronw, John Sayers

lex

Found Semi Rigid Fiber Glass Dealer

Post by lex »

I found a guy who sells this here in town. I tried places like Lowes and Home Depot with no luck. I then looked under 'Insulation' in the yellow pages and found a guy who sells Knauf Insulation board (same PCF as 703, different name). They'll probably sell either Knauf or Owens Corning but not both. Lucky for me he stocks this stuff at a good price and people are honest here, so I can pick it up at 65$ for a 256 sq. feet. That's 25 cents per sq. foot. This stuff is 3.5'' thick.

My town is small too, so I'm sure if you live in a city like San Francisco someone sells this stuff under Insulation. Hope that helps.

Look in your phonebook under Insulation and ask about Knauf Insulation board at 3.0 PCF. It might be cheaper than Owens Corning 703. Some think it's better too.

Post by Guest »

Nevermind. It turned out to be sound batts. I'm not sure how effective it would be. They found a place in the next town that sells the right stuff. It's considerably more expensive so don't get your hopes up about $.25 per sq. feet. I knew it was too good to be true. :(

At least I found the right stuff though. :)
AVare
Confused, but not senile yet

Post by AVare »

Anonymous wrote:Nevermind. It turned out to be sound batts. I'm not sure how effective it would be. They found a place in the next town that sells the right stuff. It's considerably more expensive so don't get your hopes up about $.25 per sq. feet. I knew it was too good to be true. :(

At least I found the right stuff though. :)
Sound Batts? Same density? Similar absorption as 703 from Bob's page? It will work great then!

Andre

Post by Guest »

Sound Attenuation Fire Batt 3.5" (89mm) 0.41 1.01 1.20 1.14 1.06 1.05 1.10

I think this is the stuff. Fire batts. :twisted:

If this stuff is just as good, why do people rave about 703? Why don't they just use this stuff? What is the difference? :?

How can this have the same PCF and not be semi-rigid? :?

Has someone else used this behind resonators with good results? How about baffles?