Drywall taping and lights

How thick should my walls be, should I float my floors (and if so, how), why is two leaf mass-air-mass design important, etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, sharward

builder

Drywall taping and lights

Post by builder »

I was reading though the posts about the step sequence in drywalling and and caulking and it mentions not to tape the perimeter by the adjacent walls, floors, and ceilings but to use acoustic sealant. Does this mean you do not tape the corners and all? Is there something else you so to finish the wall?

And also does anyone have any suggestions for lighting in an iso booth. The booth is 6 X 7 with 7' ceiling. Should I mount a light on the ceiling or just leave a light to be plugged in?

Thank god for this forum.
knightfly

Post by knightfly »

Builder, sorry this managed to "slip through the cracks" - hope I'm not too late for you -

Rod Gervais is the guy I ask when I'm not sure on something, and he's been good enough to chime in on this, here

http://www.johnlsayers.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=20665

As to a light, if you have pretty good isolation and don't want to goof it up I'd stay with a surface mount light fixture - the fewer holes (caulked, of course) the better. (Needless to say, I would NOT recommend using a candle for this, especially if you have foam inside :? ) Steve
rod gervais

Post by rod gervais »

I agree with Steve here - I would use either a single incandescent or track lighting.
Ignore the man behind the curtain........