Monitor Flush Mounting Method

Forum for all aspects of speakers and speaker design.

Moderator: Aaronw

JasonFoi

Re: Monitor Flush Mounting Method

Post by JasonFoi »

Hi Stuart, i was reading that sorbothane only has a three year shelf life on their website. What has been your experience with it?
Unfaithful

Post by Unfaithful »

Hi guys,

I loved this thread, thank you so much for the designs Thomas!

I was wondering, would this work if I were to flush mount a pair of your Footprint 01s?

Thank you,

Gonçalo
csattler

Post by csattler »

I’d like to bump this thread and get some feedback on soffit mounting he PMC ci 140 speakers for stereo mains. I don’t know how to post pictures on here, so here is a link to speakers. Can also provide information on the room itself if needed.

https://pmc-speakers.com/products/custo ... ries/ci140

Anyone knowledgeable on soffit mounting, do these speakers seem like a good design for soffit mounting.

I like the shallow depth this speaker provides, and I presume just a standard wall mount will bring the woofers in very close to mitigate SBIR reduction
gullfo

Post by gullfo »

i think these could be soffit mounted fairly easily as they're passive speakers and front ported. then again, the examples shown are flush wall mounted units, which would be pretty much the same thing. so if you need shallower depth, the eliminating the soffit would increase your space.
Glenn