Symmetry question.. To correct or not to correct

Plans and things, layout, style, where do I put my near-fields etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, kendale, John Sayers

arnog

Symmetry question.. To correct or not to correct

Post by arnog »

Hi there!

I have a question about symmetry and so far I was not able to find an answer.

Context:

We're located in the Netherlands and we're in the midst of building a new music studio. 200 m2 in size. Studio A + Live room and a studio B.

The company that built the walls for us placed everything according to plan except for one angled wall in studio A. Let's name this wall "A".

Compared to the opposite wall, A is placed in the same angle degree but 1-2cm closer to the center line of the room compared to the opposite wall.

This means, looking from the speakers' perspective which are placed measured from the center of the room, that A will be 1-2 cm closer to that side's speaker compared to the opposite wall.

We're building this studio with a strict deadline and now unfortunately for us it's a matter of "time vs neccessity".

If it's about "only" 1-2cm, would it be worth it to deconstruct A to get rid of said difference or shouldn't we worry about 1-2cm in this case.

Thank you in advance. Have a great day!
gullfo

Re: Symmetry question.. To correct or not to correct

Post by gullfo »

in general, the 1-2cm shouldn't be an issue given that you'll have acoustic treatments, "stuff", and of course you're unlikely to be perfectly centered...
Glenn
arnog

Re: Symmetry question.. To correct or not to correct

Post by arnog »

Thank you for your quick response. Greatly appreciated.

With the help of raytracing for studio A we angled the L/R walls so that they project first reflections towards a 50-70cm thick false back wall filled with rockwool.

It's so easy to get lost in these little things when working on a relavitely big project.

Mainly because on paper everything has been measured to millimeters, so to decide about a few cm seems like a big deal but in the grand scheme of things it sometimes means .. less than you tend to think. Like now.

Thank you again