Room Response

How to use REW, What is a Bass Trap, a diffuser, the speed of sound, etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, sharward

longsoughtfor

Room Response

Post by longsoughtfor »

Hello all - I downloaded the demo version of the SIA Smaart Live acoustical analysis tool and did a plot of my control room. I have attached it and am looking for opinions on the results. Some info to know: I have not yet added the planned 703 panels above the console where the ceiling height is 6'9" so that may be one problem. The other unfinished peice is the rear wall. At the moment there are two floor to ceiling traps with rockwool in them but no slats. I plan on putting slats from the floor up to about 30". Anyway, let me know what you think.

Thanks
Kevin.
longsoughtfor

Post by longsoughtfor »

BTW - the above plot is with my NS-10's... I have another pair of speakers in there that are Panasonic home stereo speakers when I plotted them, there was a +6db bump at 96HZ. I generally mix on the NS-10's and check stuff on the Panasonics.

Kevin.
John Sayers
Site Admin

Post by John Sayers »

looks more like a readout of the NS10s more than your room. :) Note the typical NS10 roll off below 100hz. Your response is +-6db all through which ain't too bad actually. When you say you are going to put slots up to 30" I hope you are going to seal off the box behind them else they won't work.

I'd finish with what you are doing, especially the rear wall. You probably won't see a huge difference in the plot but it will sound heaps better.

cheers
JOhn
longsoughtfor

Post by longsoughtfor »

John - Yeah, I thought it was a good thing that the plot looked a lot like the NS-10s. I plan on borrowing some Mackies next week and will try it again.

I'm hoping the ceiling treatment will help smooth out the 1-4K range a bit.

Will do on sealing the slat bloex - thanks.

Kevin.