Concrete floated floor resonant frequency calculation

Plans and things, layout, style, where do I put my near-fields etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, kendale, John Sayers

John Mor

Re: Concrete floated floor resonant frequency calculation

Post by John Mor »

Hey Glenn, thank you. Yes, i know the perimeter will need more support compared to the center, for handling the walls, also i was thinking of doing the same underneath the heavy bass amp and drumkit.

We have tried contacting Mason and we didn't hear back. Also, these companies are not E.U. based, so import taxes and delivery times will be way out. The product i mentioned here goes for 11euros per piece and is availabke locally. Plus i am really interested on learning the calculation process behind all that, this is why i ask here.

Spring isolators are much more expensive, and require more height. The total height we have is 3m. I was hoping we could get away with the rubber pads.

Besides the weight, what else did i get wrong?
gullfo

Post by gullfo »

pretty sure MI has offices in EU :-) however, presumably the product you're looking at has a sales/engineer person who could assist. most times their engineers will ask a bunch of questions and they have the detailed specs on their products and usually some spreadsheets and tools to properly calculate the units needs and give you a quote :-) if they're not able to provide support for their products, i'd be suspicious of their products...

and yes, the spring units tend to be higher in price and height, but most times you need fewer of them as well as some can be adjusted once installed so you can fine tune the the response in case things are different than expect (examples include concrete consistency in density delivered vs what you order, etc).
Glenn
John Mor

Post by John Mor »

They have a UK site which as far as taxes are concerned, it is the same, not EU. And as i said, my structural engineer sent them an email and we never heard back from them, we would really love to :| . I have also contacted the local company, no response yet. You guys are my only source :) .
But yeah, there are a few european companies i could try too.

You are totally right about the springs, being able to adjust them is a good safety pillow. It would be much easier to be in the sweet spot with a heavier construction and with springs that can support it too. I just found a product from the same company that is a bit more low profile and is adjustable - a jack up spring. I don't know the price on that though. Here's a link, in greek again, but the diagrams are the same, load vs deflection and load vs frequency :

https://antivibration-systems.com/wp-co ... %CE%AC.pdf

You didn't comment on my method of calculating things, and i would really like to know your thoughts, at least if it's in the ballpark or not.
Thanks again for your time and providing me with sensible answers Glenn!
gullfo

Post by gullfo »

ok, i see their site - some of the products look like MI units :-) that said, i think the attached diagram is what you were originally referencing. in this case i would provide them with the design details and let them provide estimates on the isolator products and quantities.
Glenn