a low ceiling control room

Plans and things, layout, style, where do I put my near-fields etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, kendale, John Sayers

DanDan

Re: a low ceiling control room

Post by DanDan »

I took the panels off and moved the speakers close to the wall. The low end didn't change that much. However the low mids and mids took a nasty turn so I put it all as it was. Exchanging the speaker and the sub extender was a nice try too. I will need listen more closely how that impact the sound. Good idea!
Worth a shot, good on you. I am very surprised that the LF didn't change quite a bit. Do you have the measurements so I can look into them?
krisg

Post by krisg »

gullfo wrote:maybe something like this?
Thanks for all this info glenn! Will take this under advisement.
Music is movement in stillness.
krisg

Post by krisg »

DanDan wrote:
I took the panels off and moved the speakers close to the wall. The low end didn't change that much. However the low mids and mids took a nasty turn so I put it all as it was. Exchanging the speaker and the sub extender was a nice try too. I will need listen more closely how that impact the sound. Good idea!
Worth a shot, good on you. I am very surprised that the LF didn't change quite a bit. Do you have the measurements so I can look into them?
Here is the mesurement
The wider spread for the speakers was too wide for me given the space I need to step back in order to listen correctly I was almost in the middle of the room. The present setup is really good for stereo spread and mid to high frequency reproduction and makes me feel at home. It's the low end that's killing the joy :D
Music is movement in stillness.
gullfo

Post by gullfo »

what happens if you cut that first spike (32hz?) using EQ?
Glenn