CR Treatment and Tuning---The home stretch!!

How thick should my walls be, should I float my floors (and if so, how), why is two leaf mass-air-mass design important, etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, sharward

Stadank0

Re: CR Treatment and Tuning---The home stretch!!

Post by Stadank0 »

Fortunately the fire didn't get to me, though 929 residences were destroyed in the area. Its getting bad here on the west coast. Only going to get worse sadly.

Thanks for following along! looking forward to re-purposing my garage as a proper clean and tidy workshop. Been holding off on that till I finish this stuff.
Stadank0

Post by Stadank0 »

Finally getting around to finishing the doors on the wall units. The last serious project. The rest is just adding reflection back to taste if I decide to.
20201011_181457.jpg
20201011_190118.jpg
20201011_190126.jpg
Paulus87

Post by Paulus87 »

Stadank0 wrote:Finally getting around to finishing the doors on the wall units. The last serious project. The rest is just adding reflection back to taste if I decide to.
20201011_181457.jpg
20201011_190118.jpg
20201011_190126.jpg
Absolutely incredible workmanship, very impressive!

Can't wait to see the final REW measurements when it's all complete

Paul
Paul
Stadank0

Post by Stadank0 »

Thanks!

Probably won't be any measurements soon after cause I'm going to be slowly adding reflection back. I don't expect the doors to change the equation much up front.

I'm suspicious that despite their complex design, they won't offer a wide range of damp to live. Time will tell. Stuart would have liked me to build and install 6 of these behemoths! I didn't want to go there because of the headaches that would have been created for me logistically.

I'm really happy with the room being on the dead side for personal use. It lowers the overall loudness a bit and gives the source more clarity. I'll certainly dabble with livening up the room eventually. Its just not a priority in the short run.

Mostly, I just want the complex stuff off my plate for good. Adding boards to the walls later is cake after all of this...
almaelectronix

Post by almaelectronix »

Soundman2020 wrote:...which is based on the famous B&K curve from several decades back, with some modifications suggested by Floyd Toole in some of his papers and books...

Which one are you reffering to, the "trained listeners" one?
1.jpg