What kind of setup should I consider for a 7.27 m2 control r

Forum for all aspects of speakers and speaker design.

Moderator: Aaronw

dolbythx

What kind of setup should I consider for a 7.27 m2 control r

Post by dolbythx »

Hello there. First, Turkey / Istanbul should mention I live. I designed a small control room for myself. My ceiling height is 2.45 m. The picture of the room is available below.For this room, there are profiles for 10 cm soft mineral wool on the ceiling and I plan to cover it with fabric. I read that the room will be very small and problematic. I plan to go on your recommendations. Cables etc ready. But now the room is empty. What setup should I install? How many inch speakers should I use or should I solve low frequency problems with headphones?The subwoofer can be costly to me. I pay almost 10 times as much for a piece of hardware that I will buy here.
My musical purpose is multitrack instrument recordings (pop, folk), live acoustic broadcasts ...
My priority should be the microphone, sound interface, which one among the speakers?
Yamaha Hs series or small diameters of Adam and Genelec series, rode Nt1, Rme uc. I am evaluating them. I can also consider more cost-effective advice. First of all, I have to satisfy myself. and I must strive not to upset people. I need your help to do something properly folks.
The end that can be reached in music is silence.
DanDan

Re: What kind of setup should I consider for a 7.27 m2 contr

Post by DanDan »

The end that can be reached in music is silence....... Brilliant, may I use that.... might make it my signature!
For the same money, say 500 Euros you can get mediocre Chinese made speakers or a world class set of headphones.
Sennheiser HD650 is a Mix and Master go-to. The reviews of the new Shure are glowing radioactively.
Headphone listening is not the same as on speakers, but Canopener Studio will fix your translation issues.
dolbythx

Post by dolbythx »

DanDan wrote:The end that can be reached in music is silence....... Brilliant, may I use that.... might make it my signature!
Of course, my friend. The musician was saying these words have a very special teacher in Turkey. I also use it because I like it very much.
Going back to the subject, I do not go to the doctor because of the pandemic, but now I have tinnitus in my ear. And it has been decreasing and increasing for months. It rarely stops.For this reason, using headphones does not make me happy. I have to use it for a short time. I want to use low-level monitors in that dada.Will using an 8 inch monitor increase the problems in the room even more? Is it a better solution to use the adam a5x or the 4 "generalec instead of the Yamaha hs 8. I am looking for answers to these questions. Is it a good idea to buy a 4 "good speaker and set the low frequencies with a headset like hd650?
The end that can be reached in music is silence.
DanDan

Post by DanDan »

I am sorry to hear of your tinnitus. A student, young scientist of the year, invented this many years ago. The principle is simple and I believe poses no danger.
You listen to music you know well and love in the earbuds, while walking or whatever. The same signal goes to probably a little voltage step up transformer. This goes to some electrodes under the tongue. So the same stimulus, well known, enters our neural system by two routes simultaneously. They have very good success in the trials. https://www.lenire.com/?utm_term=linear ... T0EALw_wcB

I don't know if it applies to tinnitus but generally the ear is most sensitive in the 3-5K region. The ear gets physically damaged in this frequency zone. Noise Induced Hearing loss typically has a distinct notch somewhere in that band or throughout it. Conversely we seem to be able to take almost any amount of Bass with a pleasure reaction rather than damage.
I do not subscribe to the small speakers small room thing. Maximum Bass at All Frequencies Man..... Jah Bless.....