Ground Up Mastering Room + Live Room

Plans and things, layout, style, where do I put my near-fields etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, kendale, John Sayers

6ARP

Ground Up Mastering Room + Live Room

Post by 6ARP »

Designer found thank you! :)
Last edited by 6ARP on Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
DanDan

Re: Ground Up Mastering Room + Live Room

Post by DanDan »

Just some diligence re noise...... Nearby Roads, Trains, Flight paths? Agricultural machinery? Electric fence radiation can be extremely difficult to deal with.
Whatever roof..... Rain can be noisy.
Why containers?

A quick thought here says build a very standard very adaptable shell. Perhaps there are local industry grants. Should Mastering go the way of other audio skills, you have an asset.
If this is rural, include accommodation. At least one of my clients studio in Wales is flying due to addressing needs very directly.
6ARP

Post by 6ARP »

See above thanks.
Last edited by 6ARP on Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
gullfo

Post by gullfo »

probably best to consider what your intent is on the space. your comments indicate a "classic" mastering room, the drawings show a live room of some kind. if you're looking for investor contributions to the project, it might make sense to think about an end state for that location and then segment it as various phases to limit risk and determine any commercial viability.

without even getting into the design stage - if this is going to be a commercial venture where clients are coming in, then there are all kinds of disability laws, safety regulations, security, liability insurances, etc etc you want to ensure you factor in.

from a design perspective, when i see a large space like this one, i think about a really good live room, control room, mastering room, some post-prod rooms, storage, utilities, kitchen, bathrooms, lounge, etc. in essence a working complex with multiple parties renting time in a quality facility.

not sure the idea for the containers though - the space restrictions inside, less than ideal, somehow actually getting them in... and stacked... probably not feasible without a lot of external restructuring.

depending on demand for services, you could probably build up the rooms you need fairly quickly since it sounds like you don't have significant noise concerns.
Glenn
6ARP

Post by 6ARP »

See above thanks.