Studio Pictures for loan?

Discuss studios designed and built by others.

Moderators: Aaronw, John Sayers

xSpace

Studio Pictures for loan?

Post by xSpace »

Hi guys and girls!

I am updating my website and want to include , as a background banner, pictures of studios since that is my main focus with the website.

My issue is that I do not have anything that I could use without asking permissions from the corporations that I have done work at. Assuming it would be granted anyway.

I am not suggesting that this is so I can look like I did all this work. Far from it. My site is DIY, so you are a DIY'er...making sense?

What I am trying to implement is cropping a 900px by 125px piece of a graphic and possibly rotating or changing that background header "banner" per page or per visit, etc.

Overall, it is to suggest that your recording studio that looks great and was done by an enthusiast, is achievable, looks great and is really within reach of the totally committed.

Maybe point me to the one great shot that you have and allow me to modify as needed and then incorporate it into my site, with credit and possibly a link back to you, would be an honorable thing to me, indeed.

As a side note, even some of the awesome Sketchup pictures would be JUST as welcome!

I appreciate all the help you may see fit to give on this.

Brien
carsten_d

Re: Studio Pictures for loan?

Post by carsten_d »

hey brien,

I'd like to share some pics when I'm done.
Though I think that your approach isn't really DIY.
I think that you are "one of those" who really knows what to do, why to do and how to do things to get it right!!!
And this is not DIY... :wink:

anyways & sincerely,

Carsten

(uh...my 100th post...and it goes to ... :shot: ...YOU, yyyes! =)
xSpace

Post by xSpace »

Wow...I got yer 100th printed thought!

I have the root domain running at http://epaper.buildthisroom.com so you can see how it will be used Carsten.

It's just a simple header graph...but it makes the overall theme work for what we do.

Thank you, again,

Brien
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Post by Soundman2020 »

Hey Brien, You can have some of my SketchUp images if you want... when they are ready! Still working on that.... (I think André is wrong: It's 90% design and 10% build at all! I reckon it is more like 98% design, 2% build.... :) )

- Stuart -
John Sayers
Site Admin

Post by John Sayers »

Brien - you may use any of my pics. :thu:
xSpace

Post by xSpace »

carsten_d wrote:hey brien,

I'd like to share some pics when I'm done.
Though I think that your approach isn't really DIY.
I think that you are "one of those" who really knows what to do, why to do and how to do things to get it right!!!
And this is not DIY... :wink:

anyways & sincerely,

Carsten

(uh...my 100th post...and it goes to ... :shot: ...YOU, yyyes! =)

@Carsten, you are correct in part but not entirely. My trade in construction gives me a better understanding of building overall. In that respect, I am not a diy'er. But as it pertains to structures for acoustical reasons and interior acoustics in general, that has been learned by me thru trial and error and eventually, collection of the right books, website forums and linkable information. So while I was building on what I already have a good foundation in...it is still, diy :) I guess you might call it educated Diy. :)

@John. Keeping with the Diy theme, would you suggest any particular file from your collection of jobs that had been developed in a diy manner?
John Sayers
Site Admin

Post by John Sayers »

Baz and Drew were a DIY project

http://www.johnlsayers.com/Pages/lovestreet.htm
xSpace

Post by xSpace »

Perfect!

Thank you Sir!!!
John Sayers
Site Admin

Post by John Sayers »

mind you so is this a DIY - a father and son effort, :) They've been at it for over a year.
pic 1.jpg
carsten_d

Post by carsten_d »

sorry for this late response.
I was on tour and had no time to post any of my thoughts ;)
xSpace wrote:@Carsten, you are correct in part but not entirely.
yeah. I got it. I just tried to show my respect to your knowledge and presence here and thought
"man...xSpace...DIY???...hmmm...what am I doing??? If x is DIY than I'm more a TIY - try it yourself..."
anyway.
I hope that I may eventually get my things sorted out to start the (more or less)
last big chapter in my small studio build and eventually there will be sth you could use...
It'd be an honour for me to help you :thu:

peace'n love :love:
carsten
xSpace

Post by xSpace »

It will be my privilege Carsten.

Brien
Skai_Penalva

Post by Skai_Penalva »

John Sayers wrote:Baz and Drew were a DIY project

http://www.johnlsayers.com/Pages/lovestreet.htm

Hi @John,

I'm very curious about this project because it seems to have its inner leaf built with concrete bricks. I am trying to do some research on inner walls built with materials like brick, concrete brick or even stone to provide higher isolation. I cannot find much information on this specific topic anywhere.I'd like to at least do the my live room with brick inner walls to have a livelier sound and higher isolation.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of brick inner walls?

I have some land where I am planning on building my studio on from the ground up and it has vast amounts of rock underneath which I plan on using for the outer walls. I am considering doing the studio "underground" considering the land is slanted, I like the idea of digging up some room, building the studio and filling the space back up leaving a single wall exposed in order to access the building (This is just a crazy idea I'm really trying to pursue). I also need to do some research on the sound transmission response a build like this would have.

I have not yet started my thread since I am still in the research phase, haven't even drawn up any design ideas yet. I deeply appreciate any insight you or anyone else might be able to give me!

Cheers
Sometimes the greatest risk is playing it safe