paying for services (HVAC)

How thick should my walls be, should I float my floors (and if so, how), why is two leaf mass-air-mass design important, etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, sharward

guitarguy

paying for services (HVAC)

Post by guitarguy »

Ous studio is about 1800 sq feet, and we have an average ceiling height of 12 feet.

One of the partners uncles is doing the HVAC he quoted us $7,000 to do the job. Does this seem a little high price for HVAC, for a room of this size?

Thanks,
Brock
knightfly

Post by knightfly »

Seems high for a non-studio grade system, but not for one that can be left running while you record - has "uncle" ever done studio HVAC, or is he just putting in normal homeowner stuff and jacking the price? Steve
cadesignr

Post by cadesignr »

It may seem high for standard residential, but I think it depends on where you are at, who is doing it, and what they are putting in. My folks got an estimate last year for a roof mount HVAC, new ducts, grills etc, for a 1200 sq ft home in Sacramento California. They were quoted $7k to $9k. Nothing is cheap there anymore.

fitZ :roll:
alright, breaks over , back on your heads......
guitarguy

Post by guitarguy »

Thanks for the response guys. I was just in a little shock when I heard the price. But, with a few questions and assurance that I'm not going to hear any noise, I won't loose sleep over it.
"Genius is one per cent inspiration and ninety-nine per cent perspiration. Accordingly, a 'genius' is often merely a talented person who has done all of his or her homework." - Thomas Edison