Soundproof French glass door in the UK

Find out where to get building materials in your local area. If you find a good outlet post it and others will be able to access it through the search engine.

Moderators: Aaronw, John Sayers

Jorg

Soundproof French glass door in the UK

Post by Jorg »

Hi guys,

seems very hard to find a supplier for French glass doors with soundproof glass.

Many say they offer triple glazing which they claim is better but my thinking is double leaf with thicker glass would be better.

Unfortunately of the few that have something on offer they don't have any STC ratings.

Does anyone know a supplier here? I would love to avoid a custom build unless the costs aren't horrendous.
DanDan

Re: Soundproof French glass door in the UK

Post by DanDan »

Purpose?
Jorg

Post by Jorg »

For a garden house I want to soundproof for music.

Yes, I know French glass doors are awful for that but I'm not going to play drums in there or have raves at 120dB.
I just want some French doors that are performing better than the regular cheap ones.

Most companies only advertise their triple glazing for noise reduction but after all the posts and books I read I should have double glazed with thick laminated glass instead.
DanDan

Post by DanDan »

There was pretty decent studio in the country here, Sulán Studios. Regular PVC sliding doors on the booths and between rooms. They worked very well.
I would pay attention to the sealing arrangements. Look for one that is really gas tight and looking like it will remains so.
Jorg

Post by Jorg »

DanDan wrote:There was pretty decent studio in the country here, Sulán Studios. Regular PVC sliding doors on the booths and between rooms. They worked very well.
I would pay attention to the sealing arrangements. Look for one that is really gas tight and looking like it will remains so.
Thanks for the tip. I'll pay attention to that!