Future studio space help. Sound Quality also

How to use REW, What is a Bass Trap, a diffuser, the speed of sound, etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, sharward

amazonwalrus

Future studio space help. Sound Quality also

Post by amazonwalrus »

)
Last edited by amazonwalrus on Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gregwor

Re: Future studio space help. Sound Quality also

Post by Gregwor »

Should I have the speakers next to the windows (A) or the Side wall (B)
Ideally you want to shoot your speakers down the long length of the room. However, you also need the front half of the room to be symmetrical. So, both situations are not 100% ideal. If I were you, I would go for the symmetrical layout and place my speakers at location A.

Greg
It appears that you've made the mistake most people do. You started building without consulting this forum.
amazonwalrus

Post by amazonwalrus »

Come on people. Any other Ideas
Gregwor

Post by Gregwor »

Dude, this is a self help forum. The forum has the answers to pretty much every question you could ever ask. You just have to read it. The search feature is very powerful. John, myself and any other contributing members are paid zero dollars to answer peoples questions. Actually, John pays out of his own pocket to run this forum (I suggest using the donate button at the top of the webpage!) I literally have to sit here ignoring my children to write this response. If you want help, you often have to be patient waiting for someone like myself to find the time in our lives to help a stranger such as yourself.

Lastly I want to point out that I DID give you an answer. That answer was based on science. If you want someone else to give you an opinion, chances are they're going to give you the same answer because it too would be based on science.

I would suggest you read this book. I have a link in which you can obtain the book free of charge. It's a very easy read. The author is brilliant.

http://www.roletech.net/books/HandbookAcoustics.pdf

Greg
It appears that you've made the mistake most people do. You started building without consulting this forum.
Gregwor

Post by Gregwor »

Oh, and lastly, please post any questions you have on THIS thread. That way we can keep track of your design and build without going on a wild goose hunt to find all threads pertaining to your studio.

Thank you!

Greg
amazonwalrus

Post by amazonwalrus »

You Welcome,

Daniel