Bass traps/soffit mount - construction

Plans and things, layout, style, where do I put my near-fields etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, kendale, John Sayers

Gregwor

Re: Bass traps/soffit mount - construction

Post by Gregwor »

I have asthma as well and I have spent on average 8 hrs a day in studios between 6 and 7 days a week for 15 years. I've never had any issues breathing and if anything, my asthma is better now than 15 years ago.

Greg
It appears that you've made the mistake most people do. You started building without consulting this forum.
Waka

Post by Waka »

Gregwor wrote:I have asthma as well and I have spent on average 8 hrs a day in studios between 6 and 7 days a week for 15 years. I've never had any issues breathing and if anything, my asthma is better now than 15 years ago.
That's useful to know. Do the studios you work in have exposed fabric covered mineral wool treatments in them?
Like I say, I haven't had problems with breathing due to mineral wool exposure, but it is mentioned in a couple of studies I read, that people with lung conditions have had breathing issues when exposed to the fibres of mineral wools. But just having batts of insulation in the room doesn't inherently mean fibres are in the air.
I'm sure it is fine for most people, most of the time. I plan on adding polyester wadding, not because of cancer risk, but simply to avoid fibres being released if the treatment is knocked etc, to make the air quality more comfortable. Especially due to members of the public being in my studio for guitar lessons.

Dan
Stay up at night reading books on acoustics and studio design, learn Sketchup, bang your head against a wall, redesign your studio 15 times, curse the gods of HVAC silencers and door seals .... or hire a studio designer.
John Sayers
Site Admin

Post by John Sayers »

That's why I line all my rooms in plastic.
plastic_wrap.jpg
cheers
john
John Sayers Productions

If this site helps you build your studio please use the Donate button.
Vedran

Post by Vedran »

Thank you people very very much.
Guess I 'll be packing my bass traps and pannels with plastic.