HVAC - What to use? Is DIY an option?

How thick should my walls be, should I float my floors (and if so, how), why is two leaf mass-air-mass design important, etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, sharward

hanible147

Re: HVAC - What to use? Is DIY an option?

Post by hanible147 »

WayneD wrote:If you used an exchange chamber and one of these Soleus units, you could then make a fresh air [SPAM DELETED BY MODERATOR-SPAMMER BANNED] in the chamber itself correct? I really like the exchange chamber concept. I have the space to do it. Heat pumps are not high on my wish list either. Any thoughts on a fresh air intake built into an exterior wall plus a Soleus type unit.

W
I suggest you one thing why don't you use exhuast fan for air ventilation. In this way you can get fresh air in Chamber irectly to make it cool.
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Post by Soundman2020 »

hanible147 wrote:
.... wrote:If you used an exchange chamber and one of these Soleus units, you could then make a fresh air [SPAM DELETED BY MODERATOR-SPAMMER BANNED] in the chamber itself correct? I really like the exchange chamber concept. I have the space to do it. Heat pumps are not high on my wish list either. Any thoughts on a fresh air intake built into an exterior wall plus a Soleus type unit.

W
I suggest you one thing why don't you use exhuast fan for air ventilation. In this way you can get fresh air in Chamber irectly to make it cool.
And I have a better suggestion for you: Don't spam the forum! Did you REALLY think that nobody would notice? If so, you must be dumber than I give you credit for.. (which isn't saying much...). For your efforts, you got yourself banned and permanently blocked. :)

- Stuart -
BlackStorm

Post by BlackStorm »

Hi there people :wink:
Let's see if this continues alive :D

I followed the thread and it really helped me, thanks to all for your time and for sharing all your knowledge! ;-)

I was thinking on a similar design as Mangled's proposal, but i was thinking on the humidity control, that woudln't be pretty well regulated this way with the split placed in the chamber?
Wouldn't it be preferable having a unit in each room and using the chamber just for fresh air in/out isolation?
Sistema de aire ejemplo.jpg
I have another available floor over the Live Room and Control Room, so i was thinking on building the chamber somewhere over the Control Room, and all ducts going from the top of the rooms.

Thanks in advance.
BlackStorm

Post by BlackStorm »

Hi there.

I've been researching a bit more and started with an idea of the air design so an engineer that i'm visiting these days can understand my idea and improve it.
This is the top view of the studio in Sketch Up (sorry, i'm not very experienced using it :mrgreen: )
Estudio planta baja 1.jpg
The idea is installing the system over the Live Room in the upper floor.
Estudio planta alta 1.jpg
Estudio planta alta renovacion aire 1.jpg
Estudio planta alta renovacion aire 2.jpg
Estudio planta alta renovacion aire 3.jpg
The in/out to the Live Room are suposed to be some strong Dampers (i didn't know how to draw them LOL).

And also there will be a Mini-Split in the Live and Control Room.

My concern with this system is that if it's cold outside, lets say 0ºC, the minisplit (better said the inverter) inside the Live Room will have to work very hard all the time, and maybe there could result some annoying air currents due to the high contrast of temperatures?

I'm planning to get some advice/help from a engineer, but building all that i can by myself. Of course the refrigerant thing will be done by an authorized technician.

Also, i've heard that the air flow should be of 20 renewals per hour? I read about 6 i think here, but they told me that code says minimum 6 for a small office for instance, not for a room with activity, sweating and headbanging :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Cheers to all, and have a nice happy day :P
crisp90

Post by crisp90 »

Well the guidance above given for a DIY HVAC over the regular one is much preferable.[ SPAM LINK REMOVED- SPAMMER BANNED] I am happy to find out something needed the most.
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Post by Soundman2020 »

crisp90 wrote:Well the guidance above given for a DIY HVAC over the regular one is much preferable.
You got that part right, at least!
[ SPAM LINK REMOVED- SPAMMER BANNED] I am happy to find out something needed the most.
What I found out was needed the most, was to ban the spammer... And I sure was happy to do it!

You're welcome.

- Stuart -
akshayv

Post by akshayv »

I have the most hard to satisfy feet but they're SPAMMY now. I have flat feet, bunion and they're wide. I've recently had knee replacements on both knees so the right shoes make all the difference. My uncle suggested I try SPAM after he had great success with SPAM. So i did. I am very, very happy with this SPAM Now I'm looking for some cool summer SPAM to wear on my head! Any suggestions?
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Post by Soundman2020 »

akshayv wrote:Any suggestions?
Yes! Sure! My suggestion is that you get banned and blocked. Permanently. So I did that... Bye!
lampmoon

Post by lampmoon »

It is safe to say that you are doing the introduce yourself Sharward or you bringing in an HVAC fellow?
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Post by Soundman2020 »

lampmoon wrote:It is safe to say that you are doing the introduce yourself Sharward or you bringing in an HVAC fellow?
It is safe to say that you are a spammer, and therefore rapidly banned and blocked, permanently...