UK Garden Studio companies

Discuss studios designed and built by others.

Moderators: Aaronw, John Sayers

nuromantix

UK Garden Studio companies

Post by nuromantix »

Does anyone have any experience with these? Are they any good? A waste of time and money compared to a concrete base / bricks and blocks build?
High end ones like Amadeus and Miloco, and cheaper options like Oeco.
Obviously it's a lot more expensive than designing and building yourself but a lot quicker and less hassle.
Who has tried them?
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Re: UK Garden Studio companies

Post by Soundman2020 »

I can't and won't comment on any specific "Studio Design" company in public, but I will say that in the past I have been contacted by several people who had hired a company in the UK to design their home studio, and then hired me afterwards to fix the design because they were extremely unhappy with it. In all of those cases, that "fix" basically meant I had to re-design the studio all over, from scratch, because there was so little usable in the original design. I know that John and other designers here on the forum have had similar experiences, being hired to fix poor designs like that. It seems to be rather common, unfortunately.

I would suggest that you contact John directly, by PM, and ask him to quote you for designing your place. His reputation and experience in designing all types of studios are right in front of you: this forum. If John is not able to design your place for whatever reason, then contact me and I'll give you the names of some designers that I trust personally, who can do that for you.

But BEWARE OF SCAMMERS AND UNDERHANDED "DESIGNERS"! You have now posted in public that you are looking for a studio designer, and there are some very unscrupulous folks out there, who read the forum looking for unsuspecting victims, such as yourself, and offer them "design services" that sound so good on paper... but end up even worse than the ones I mentioned in the fist paragraph. Do NOT respond to unsolicited offers! If you want a designer, contact John or myself, and we will either reach an agreement, or put you in contact with a trusted, reputable designer. But YOU will make the contact with THEM.., They won't contact you. That's the only safe way to find a designer. If someone contacts you that's a sure sign you are probably about to be scammed...

Caveat Emptor...

- Stuart -
nuromantix

Re: UK Garden Studio companies

Post by nuromantix »

Thanks, yes don't worry I won't fall prey to a scammer... but I don't think Amadeus or Miloco fall into that category and I wonder if anybody here has used their products?