Corners

How thick should my walls be, should I float my floors (and if so, how), why is two leaf mass-air-mass design important, etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, sharward

Ptownkid

Corners

Post by Ptownkid »

Hey everyone,

I'm in the middle of reno'ing my basement into a studio/apartment and I thought i had myself on track until finding this site. My main question right now, is it necessary to make corners NOT 90 degrees, or can i just use bass traps and what-not to change the angle after I drywall?

Also, I can't really afford the space to make angled walls. What can I do to treat them?

Thanks
notbradsohner

Post by notbradsohner »

it is not the 90 degree corners that is the problem, its the paralell walls that come with the 90 degree corners. you want NO PARALELL SURFACES.

if you cant afford the paralell wall space, put up some aborbtion materiel (703) or do something like a slot resonator or diffuser, it all depends on what the dimentions of your room are
Ptownkid

Post by Ptownkid »

ok, here's the basic layout, and what I'm considering doing
Ptownkid

Post by Ptownkid »

changed the plan altogether. Going to use one room for both tracking and mixing and go with John's DIY absorbers.
knightfly

Post by knightfly »

You'll probably like that better, small rooms can be difficult to get sounding right... Steve