Hello from Glasgow

Get your "what mic?" frustration or "have you heard" out here. The language could get real okka in here mate.

Moderators: Aaronw, kendale, John Sayers

rjuly

Hello from Glasgow

Post by rjuly »

I thought I would introduce myself with this first post, and say 'Hello'. I am an expat American living in Scotland, an ex-recording engineer from a previous career, who still has a passion for music production. I have just moved into a new home, and now have a dedicated room for my audio mayhem (much to my spouse's relief!).

I am very happy to have discovered this resource, and hope to make good use of it going forward, as my space is, alas, of less than ideal dimensions (about 1700 ft/cu), and will need significant help. I hope to be able to take advantage of the expertise on offer in creating my production/mix room, as well as to contribute, if possible, in return.

I will be putting together my room treatment help request post with plenty of detail (I have read the guideline doc), over the next several weeks, and I look forward to beginning a dialog (multi-log?) with the forum.

Until then,

- Richard
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Re: Hello from Glasgow

Post by Soundman2020 »

Hi there Richard, and Welcome to the forum! :)
I am an expat American living in Scotland, an ex-recording engineer from a previous career,
That sounds like a dangerous combination! And the start of a good joke, too! "An American, a Scotsman, and a recording engineer walk into a bar, ...." :)
my space is, alas, of less than ideal dimensions (about 1700 ft/cu)
That isn't too terrible. For a control room, that would be fine. I have designed a few control rooms around that size.
I will be putting together my room treatment help request post with plenty of detail (I have read the guideline doc), over the next several weeks,
:thu: I'm looking forward to seeing that!

- Stuart -