QuietBrace brand Sheathing

Find out where to get building materials in your local area. If you find a good outlet post it and others will be able to access it through the search engine.

Moderators: Aaronw, John Sayers

blueshadow

QuietBrace brand Sheathing

Post by blueshadow »

Still in the infant stages of planning on a drum practice space. Once I get some numbers together I'll start a thread but was wondering about this product whether it is any better than standard sheathing:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/QuietBrace-1 ... /202089176

I did a search here and didn't find anything on it which leads me to believe that if no one here has used it then I probably already have my answer :)

Thanks
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Re: QuietBrace brand Sheathing

Post by Soundman2020 »

It seems to be nothing but some type of particle board with a higher density coating. It also is lightweight, and even advertised as such, so no, it would not be much use for isolation or your room. Blocking serious sounds (such as drums) needs serious mass. The entire sheet of that stuff only weighs 24 pounds, so it doesn't have a lot of mass.

Don't waste your money! There's no such things as magical products that bypass the laws of physics... :)
which leads me to believe that if no one here has used it then I probably already have my answer
:thu:

- Stuart -
blueshadow

Re: QuietBrace brand Sheathing

Post by blueshadow »

Thanks Stuart.