Nu Faith Studio - Capetown - South Africa.

Discuss the studios designed by John Sayers productions

Moderators: Aaronw, John Sayers

John Sayers
Site Admin

Nu Faith Studio - Capetown - South Africa.

Post by John Sayers »

John Sayers Productions

If this site helps you build your studio please use the Donate button.
flyguyz

Re: Nu Faith Studio - Capetown - South Africa.

Post by flyguyz »

Hi,

What are the sq ft of the control room and vocal booth?

Would you mind sharing the layout of this design?

Would love to do something similar for a very small music production/vocal studio.
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Post by Soundman2020 »

Hi there "flyguyz", and welcome to the forum!

If I'm not wrong, this was a project that John did for one of his paying customers, so I think you'll find that John won't be able to share many details of the design in public, unless his customer releases him to do that, since the customer paid for that.

If you are interested in getting something similar done for your studio, you should probably contact John about that, and ask him to quote you for designing your place. Alternatively, you could design it yourself and post the design here for commentary, where we'll be happy to help with that. If you aren't up to speed for doing the design yourself, then we could recommend books that would help you get started on that.

- Stuart -
flyguyz

Post by flyguyz »

Ok, gotcha.

I can definitely post a sketch for commentary.

Would the sq ft of the space be shareable information?

Also a question about the sliding glass door. It looks like a single sliding glass door is being used, instead of other designs which use two sets of doors to isolate the control room from the vocal room.

Is this correct?

If I am only concerned with keeping sound from the monitors and subwoofer in the control room from reaching the mic inside the vocal booth would I be able to get away with one wall and sliding door dividing the two rooms?

Or would I still need to do a double room, double door design to isolate the sound more?

I do not plan on recording drums, just vocals, but would like to play music through the control room monitors while tracking vocals.