html5 room mode calculator

How to use REW, What is a Bass Trap, a diffuser, the speed of sound, etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, sharward

Soundman2020
Site Admin

Re: html5 room mode calculator

Post by Soundman2020 »

Unfortunately I would have to charge $1.99 for that
I'll take a dozen! :)

- Stuart -
andymel

Post by andymel »

Soundman2020 wrote:Just noticed a detail that you might want to try to fix: For rooms with a high ceiling, the width might easily be greater than the height, but in those cases the ratio does not show on your Bolt diagram, since it assumes that height is always "1". But acoustically, it doesn't matter which way up the room is! A room with a ratio of 1:2:3 will behave exactly the same as a room with ratio of 2:1:3 (except that it is lying on its side.... )
Done!

I'm very interested in more standards to add to the recommended reverberation time dropdown. Since Germany has its own standard for recommending RT60 values for different scenarios and Austria has its own standard, I'm sure there are other national recommendations. Please tell me if you know of any e.g. for your country!

Andy
andymel

Post by andymel »

In another thread I started for my next calculator amray RJHollins wrote:
on the 'similar stuff' side of things ...

I'm looking at the 'amroc' calculator site [actually, I need to check it with my alternative browser, as my old IE-8 doesn't seem to work well on it].

nonetheless a question.

Might there be a possibility for the program, given 2 measurement points [say height and width], and calculate the 'best' length ? [or some combination like that]. Given that 'best' might be open to interpretation ... it's still something I've wondered.

thanks ! I will be needing these calculators .... because .... :shock:
Thanks for the info about the problems with IE8!! I will try to investigate in that direction. But in principal you should not use such old tools! It's simply insecure and not an important issue on my todo list. Sorry.

@Optimizations:
Yes, every now and then I think about possible automatic optimizations. In short: It is definitely on my todo list and your request leads to an importance upgrade for that feature.
In detail (open for discussion): I think my automatic optimizations will minimize a quadratic failure either of a function of modes over frequency or a function of distances between modes over frequency.
If someone has a better idea... tell me! There also was a paper anywhere....
andymel

Post by andymel »

There is a new feature in the room mode calculator some of you hopefully find useful for a better understanding and for placing absorbers.
Just mouse over a mode and you see the pressure zones of the mode in a 3D room box.

For example that's the 1-1-0 mode. (best absorbed in the vertical room edges).
amroc_room3D.PNG
http://amroc.andymel.eu/
Andy
RJHollins

Post by RJHollins »

This is really coming together nicely !

Definitely using this for my upcoming design/build.

8)