Small control room - Monitoring setup advice

Forum for all aspects of speakers and speaker design.

Moderator: Aaronw

Giaco

Small control room - Monitoring setup advice

Post by Giaco »

Hi there,

I'm setting up the control room in the new studio space where I'll work.

http://www.johnlsayers.com/phpBB2/viewt ... me#p123915

The priority is - apart the best acoustic treatment possible - buying a new monitoring setup.

Until now my main speakers have been M-Audio BX5a, but now I need to upgrade to something more professional. I will produce, record, mix, and do some basic mastering so I'd like something flexible and enough good quality.

Given that the room is very small and so has modal problems on bass frequencies, I think about a monitoring setup that would allow to take out the low end from the equation when needed.
So, my idea is to get a set of small nearfields (woofer max 7" diameter) without massive amounts of low end, which will be added with a subwoofer.

Please let me know what do you think about, and if you have some brand/model suggestions, they are welcome! Thanks in advance
billhood

Re: Small control room - Monitoring setup advice

Post by billhood »

So, my idea is to get a set of small nearfields (woofer max 7" diameter) without massive amounts of low end, which will be added with a subwoofer.
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Re: Small control room - Monitoring setup advice

Post by Soundman2020 »

billhood:

Oh goody! Another plagiarism spammer! I can't wait for the other shoe to drop, so I get to ban and block you permanently...

- Stuart -