Do you need to have hdmi cables to use the turtle beach x42?

Forum for all aspects of speakers and speaker design.

Moderator: Aaronw

sheltonbenjamin

Do you need to have hdmi cables to use the turtle beach x42?

Post by sheltonbenjamin »

I have an older tv that I use hd component cables with because it doesn't have an hdmi outlet. I wante to buy the headset but I wasn't sure if I needed to get a newer tv or anything to use it.

[SPAM SIGNATURE DELETED BY MODERATOR]
billgate

Re: Do you need to have hdmi cables to use the turtle beach

Post by billgate »

I have a pair of A7's plus the Sub-8, and it's a good combination. I wouldn't go smaller than the Sub-8, though: It sounds great, but doesn't have a lot of power. It's fine for your size room, but anything smaller would be too small, I think.

To be honest, I think the Sub-10 is probably a better match for a pair of A7s. I haven't tried the Sub-7, but I suspect it would be underpowered for anything but a really small room, or unusually low listening levels. Go with the Sub-8, or if you can stretch finances a bit more, then get the Sub-10.
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Re: Do you need to have hdmi cables to use the turtle beach

Post by Soundman2020 »

billgate wrote:I have a pair of A7's plus the Sub-8, and it's a good combination. I wouldn't go smaller than the Sub-8, though: It sounds great, but doesn't have a lot of power. It's fine for your size room, but anything smaller would be too small, I think.

To be honest, I think the Sub-10 is probably a better match for a pair of A7s. I haven't tried the Sub-7, but I suspect it would be underpowered for anything but a really small room, or unusually low listening levels. Go with the Sub-8, or if you can stretch finances a bit more, then get the Sub-10.
SPAMMER ALERT! You can always tell the "signature spammers" as soon as they arrive, since all the do is plagiarize posts from other threads, and usually ones that have nothing to do with the topic. Except this particular "billgate" doofus spammer happened to plagiarize ME! :blah: :cop: :finger: Not a good idea... spotted immediately. And he was then even more stupid, as he added his plagiarized spam to a thread that was already marked as spam before! DUH!

Not the smartest spammer on the web... His byte seems to be missing quite a few bits....

Now I'm just waiting for him to drop the second shoe, as these spammers always do, so I can delete ban, and block him permanently, but legitimately....
8) :lol: :wink:

- Stuart -