vocal audio studio in small space

Plans and things, layout, style, where do I put my near-fields etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, kendale, John Sayers

mattbuy

vocal audio studio in small space

Post by mattbuy »

Awesome site! I see no end to my reading. Is this the place to ask for people's advice on building a studio in a small space and small budget?

Brief summary:
We have two possible locations on our property to build a non-income producing studio. We would like to produce spoken word cds and eventually if we are able offer some amateur recording of mainly non-percussion instruments and vocals.

Both available spaces are approximately 4m x 5 m.
Can construct what ever I want, no building codes. But cash is limited and knowledge is even less available.

One space is a seperate wood frame garage with metal siding. Basically empty.
One space is inside of the first floor of a building with 60cm thick solid walls and concrete slab ceiling, BUT the ceiling height available to construct in is no higher to 2m 10cm.

I saw on Sayer's main sight the standard small studio design and it looks good to me, but I am concerned about the ceiling height in one of our locations. Also, I am wondering what types of cost is involved with paying someone like Mr. Sayer for a design.

American, living in Ukraine, doing non-profit work. I threw that last part in for sympathy :)

If this isnt appropriate for here, forgive me.Direct me to where, thanks all.
matt
mattbuy

Re: vocal audio studio in small space

Post by mattbuy »

These are the two possible locations.
mattbuy

Post by mattbuy »

Yes its messy, just finished building two houses on this property and still sorting left over supplies and such.
leon.payne

Post by leon.payne »

Hi Matt,
I think if you post this up in the studio design section you'll get a better response.
Also download google sketch up and draw up your space......it will allow people to get a better idea of your space. :thu:
razamoon

Post by razamoon »

I've been following this forum for almost two years now and spent countless hours checking out the impressive projects that were developed using help of the board members.

It's about time to present the project I'm currently planning with my friends and partners and I'd be delighted to receive a lot of input and feedback from your guys.

A few words about myself: my name is Marc and I'm running a production company called Mozart & Friends based in Germany. We're about 10 people, mostly songwriters and producers. We work with both major and indie-labels in all big territories. If you want to know more, check out the link in my signature.

We have rented a room in the ground floor of a small building. In the basement of the building right underneath us is a club (discothek) that is making noise from Wed to Sat starting around 10pm (The noise is actually no concern to us. We can hear the club when it's open, but we usually stop working before 10pm. The noise from the club still allows mixing.). :horse: :cop: :finger:
We offer up to date 1D0-541 exam wikipedia questions with self paced test engine to help you Kyoto University exam and complete your ccent course ICDL you should also find ccnp wireless training for your complete VMWARE
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Post by Soundman2020 »

Hi "razamoon". Welcome.

Please read the forum rules for posting (click here). You seem to be missing a couple of things! :)

Also, please start a thread of your own, to keep all the details of your build together in one place, rather than adding on to the end of someone else's thread.

- Stuart -