How much should I charge for Installation of Treatment

What is three phase electrics? how do I wire a patchbay? ask all your techo questions here.

Moderator: Aaronw

J.Kaffenberger

How much should I charge for Installation of Treatment

Post by J.Kaffenberger »

I am an audio engineer with a background in construction and acoustics but have never done freelance construction work regarding acoustic treatment. I have been hired to install acoustic panels (703) on a back wall in a theater approx 20' x 40' (6m x 12m). It comes out to be 416 sq ft (38.6 sq meters) of insulation that I am installing. I attached a crude mockup of the wall itself. (Green are the panels, each panel is 2' x 4' 703.

I am being paid to
(1) wrap every panel individually with burlap
(2) installing them onto a wall that is double layer thick Sheetrock with Rotofast fasteners.
Rotofast Link.
http://www.atsacoustics.com/item--Rotof ... ofast.html

I have an invoice worked out but I wanted to see if anyone with experience could tell me if this looks about right. All materials and a hotel are provided for, I am just charging labor, travel, food, and overnight fee??

(Money is in US Dollars.)
(1) Measuring, Preparation, Testing RT60: $50
(2) Installation of 416 sq Ft of Corning 703: $1.25 per sq ft: $520

Things I have questions about.
(3) Cutting/ Gluing burlap on panels/ Mounting/ Preparation of Rotofast clips for 54 Panels total:
Do not know that figure yet. Should I charge per panel? Or how many panels I can complete in an hour?

I am installing some of these 20 ft (6m) in the air off a ladder. Should I charge extra for that?

They are paying for a hotel, but it's 2 1/2 hours away, do I charge for staying overnight? Food?

I am by no means trying to bleed this venue dry. However I do want to make this worth my time, and produce a reasonable quote for how much work this is going to be.

If any of you have any input on this topic, complaints, comments, or guidance or sarcasm to offer it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Jason
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Re: How much should I charge for Installation of Treatment

Post by Soundman2020 »

This is a double post: I replied to the other one.

- Stuart -