Trinidad and Tobago

Find out where to get building materials in your local area. If you find a good outlet post it and others will be able to access it through the search engine.

Moderators: Aaronw, John Sayers

hendrikxix

Trinidad and Tobago

Post by hendrikxix »

I am trying to locate an acoustical materials vendor in Trinidad and Tobago (San Fernando specifically). We have been able to find a good local source for Rockwool, but we are having trouble finding a vendor for acoustic sealants, Green Glue and acoustic/firestop putties locally. I would really appreciate any and all suggestions so that we can avoid the shipping costs from U.S. vendors.

Thanks!

Hendrik Gideonse
Hendrik
Medford, MA U.S.A (Basically Boston)
XIX Acoustics
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Re: Trinidad and Tobago

Post by Soundman2020 »

If you can't find proper acoustic caulk, then you can use ordinary bathroom / kitchen caulk, of the type that never hardens, and remains flexible and "rubbery" permanently.

For Green Glue, there really isn't any substitute so your only option might be to import. But you could try contacting Green Glue Company directly and asking if they have a distributor or dealer where you live.

Hope that is of some help!

- Stuart -
hendrikxix

Post by hendrikxix »

Thanks, Stuart! We have found that we will have to import the Green Glue through Miami. Acoustimac is in Florida so that's a possible source of materials, but the import is still going to be expensive. I am having fantasies about Miami Vice style cigarette boats filled with tubes of caulking and damping materials zooming past the Coast Guard. :lol:

Best,

Hendrik
Hendrik
XIX Acoustics
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Post by Soundman2020 »

I am having fantasies about Miami Vice style cigarette boats filled with tubes of caulking and damping materials zooming past the Coast Guard.
:shock: 8) :cop: :ahh: I hope it's a little less eventful than that! :)

- Stuart -
shanesix

Post by shanesix »

I'm in Trinidad.Where did you source the rockwool from?
hendrikxix

Post by hendrikxix »

The Rockwool was purchased privately from a construction company that imported it for a specific project that was shut down before construction was completed.

So there isn't much information to share. I believe that all of the material was purchased.

Best,

Hendrik
Hendrik
XIX Acoustics