Studio layout, design and construction

Plans and things, layout, style, where do I put my near-fields etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, kendale, John Sayers

mika

Re: Studio layout, design and construction

Post by mika »

Hi carsten

No until now i just made a quick listening test, and it sounds good for my ears.
After i build all the Diffusors i want to bring into the room i will place them by measuring, moving, measuring .......
2 QRD P11 without divider are ready to move to the sidewall at the back of the CR, and 2 deep skylines will be started to build today.
The 2 Skylines will be placed at the cloud left an right short behind the listening position. exact placement will be found be moving an measuring of course :wink:

cheers
Mika
mika

Post by mika »

since i know you love to see pictures, i have two new ones for you.

One of my engineers at mixdown a song:

And some Skylines ready to go on the back of the cloud, short behind the sweet spot:

cheers
Mika
mika

Post by mika »

some new celling Diffusors as a upgrade to the CR:

cheers
Mika
mika

Post by mika »

Good news. :D

It seems like i can rent the office room next to my small recording room soon, so i can extend / rebuild the recordingroom to a 50m² live room :yahoo:

Buisness is soooooooo good, that this is no problem from the money side. Just the building time must be short, since soooooooooo many people all over the world are booking my studio, and i want to work with nearly all of them 8)

Now i try to make a plan for rebuild the old recordnig booth to a new big live room in two month where i have to stop recording jobs.. heavy timeline, but possible if planed carefully.

stay tuned for updates

cheers
Mika
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Post by Soundman2020 »

I want to build me a really professional studio at my house like where I could record music. How much do you think it would cost and do you know any websites that could help me?
Well, the web site in your spam signature won't help you at all, that's for sure! :) Nice try...

If you really do want help with a studio, then read the forum rules for posting (click here).

- Stuart -
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Post by Soundman2020 »

Square rooms will have some frequencies that will reverberate more than rectangular rooms. If the room is too small, the sound will resonate more within the space. It is also more difficult to achieve good acoustics in a tiny room.
You are kidding, right? Wow! I mean, like nobody here knew about such stuff! Thanks so much for bringing it to our attention! :)

And you mean that, for example, if a control room measured just six feet by six feet, and was housed in a trailer, then that would be BAD, because "some frequencies will reverberate more"? Hmmm... But what if the live room also measures 6' x 6'? Would that make it even worse?

- Stuart -
Johnnie

Post by Johnnie »

LOL!

You crack me up stuart. was having a rough day, but running across that last post made me laugh. :P
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Post by Soundman2020 »

:) !

It's a pity the original spam posts aren't still here: they were quite hilarious! Without them, my comments seem a little "off".

Some spammers don't have a clue, but this guy takes the cake! He beats out all the rest in "not having a clue"! He was trying to sell his design for a "portable studio" housed in a 12 foot trailer, split into a 6' x 6' "control room" and a 6' x 6' "live room"... :) :shock: :!: :lol: Hence, my comments...

Oh yeah, and they had 6 foot ceilings, too. :shot:

And both speakers on a shelf, tight up against one wall, in a corner...

He actually had a link to some photos. Wish you could have seen it! Designing a LESS functional studio would actually be really, really hard to do.

- Stuart -