New Studio in Turbenthal

Plans and things, layout, style, where do I put my near-fields etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, kendale, John Sayers

BriHar

Re: New Studio in Turbenthal

Post by BriHar »

The room is booked again for a couple of weeks so I 'm not getting much done. Not that there's all that much to do, but I do want to get the room profiled. As I have a bit of a headcold lately, my hearing is a bit wonky (everything sounds like crap) so just as well. The important point is that (from others opinions) translation seems to be good.
Currently I'm re-organizing the midi connections, and also need to re-org the USB connections as well - don't like things plugged into the keyboard particularly as said connections are at the sides.

Also a new addition, a VGS Cobra Select Satin Natural E-Bass
VGS_Cobra Select Natural.jpg
Brian
As you slide down the bannister of life, may the splinters never point the wrong way...
BriHar

Re: New Studio in Turbenthal

Post by BriHar »

Just an update,
I managed to get a bit of time in to shoot the room. My initial tests shocked me until I realized I had improperly calibrated the soundcard for REW, after I corrected that they were much more as I expected. However, I noticed an interference (very audible) over the sound system which I had not had (at least not so bad) previously. It is being caused predominantly from the USB. I spent a lot of time trying to isolate the problem and subsequently cure it (IRQ mapping, cable and component reorientation) but have only managed to improve it somewhat.
To this end I have just installed a new UR28M interface and am currently setting this up while also pondering new signal wiring schemes. I'll also have to do new room profiles with REW now.
Brian
As you slide down the bannister of life, may the splinters never point the wrong way...