Hello from south west Ontario, Canada

Get your "what mic?" frustration or "have you heard" out here. The language could get real okka in here mate.

Moderators: Aaronw, kendale, John Sayers

JimDaddyO

Hello from south west Ontario, Canada

Post by JimDaddyO »

I don't know how I stumbled upon this site, but I am glad I did. I hope I have filled my profile out correctly for posting. I am new to studio work, although I have had an interest in it for a long time. I have a freind who is training me in his studio. Right now we have a cramped control room, and a big room that is used for the studio and live entertainment (when the time comes, I will get drawings/photo's etc.). I think we are doing fairly well for equipment. We just got a Roland VS-2000 DAW (loaded with all the cards). We had to make a stand for it to hold it over top the analogue board (that is how small the CR is). Also, we have a Mackie 1604, 2 Aleisis ADATs, 1/3 band DOD e.q., a stereo compressor, and a small Yamaha reverb/muti FX. A bunch of SM57's and 58's, a nice set of neumann's, a CAD large condensor, and a few other odd mics. We just installed a 12/4 snake from the stage to the CR. We are slowly going forward, trying to do some inexpensive work in support of the local community and musicians. I have convinced my "boss" into moving the CR, so when we get there, I will have a bunch of questions. For now I am just going over posts and John's book/site getting my head around some of the basic concepts of design. I must say, there is some great work going on (at least it looks good to my untrained eye). So, with my introduction done, I will continue to lurk, and read and learn. I will likely ask questions in other posts in order to learn more. Thanks in advance to all the posters!!

Jim
AVare
Confused, but not senile yet

Re: Hello from south west Ontario, Canada

Post by AVare »

A welcome from a few hundred kilometers!

Andre
Good studio building is 90% design and 10% construction
JimDaddyO

Post by JimDaddyO »

Good day eh!....lol
dbertrand

Post by dbertrand »

Hey Ontarians! Greetings!

Durham Regioner here :D
Towlie03

Post by Towlie03 »

Hey Jim, what part of the South West? I am over in Leamington.