Breakin' it in ... A virginal speaker how-to

Forum for all aspects of speakers and speaker design.

Moderator: Aaronw

Aural Phoenix

Breakin' it in ... A virginal speaker how-to

Post by Aural Phoenix »

Hello people,

I have a new Genelec6010A and 5040A system I purchased after considerable ponder and long consideration.
Longer hands and shallower pockets notwithstanding lol, I made the choice for these in sync with my own learning curve in this whole 'hearing pure sound, making good music' thing. I'm getting better, I needed better. :mrgreen:

Now, I reckon that new speakers have to be/should be broken in ?!?! Am I right on that ?!?!

Pink Noise / White Noise / Brown Noise / No Noise/ Music that sounds like Noise ?!?!

What do I play on them Genelecs when I unpack them ? And for how long before I can play 'anything at any volume'.

Does this thing work like a new ICE engine being broken in does ?

I just wanna ensure that I break them in right, and they gimme their optimum performance, over years.

We value things, good things. :)

Cheers,

A

P.S: The local Genelec salesman says,"Blast away!!!" Ummm, I said, "k, I'll ask my forum friends". He thinks I read to much on these forums and places that messes with my head. Does he know ...
Eric Best

Re: Breakin' it in ... A virginal speaker how-to

Post by Eric Best »

Some people swear by it, to others it is voodoo. My opinion, voodoo.
"It don't get no better than this"
Aural Phoenix

Post by Aural Phoenix »

Eric Best wrote:Some people swear by it, to others it is voodoo. My opinion, voodoo.

And some people swear by voodoo :twisted: :mrgreen:

I'm still seeing both sides of the coin ...
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Post by Soundman2020 »

My opinion, voodoo.
Ditto. Just plug 'em and play 'em.

There really isn't much in a speaker that needs "breaking in" anyway. And the type of people who swear by this kind of voodoo are the same type of people who also swear that replacing the 2 dollar electrical cable from the wall socket to the power amp, with a 200 dollar super-special-hyper-alloy-gassy-thingy-whatsit cable, produces an amazing, ecstatic, profound difference in the sound of the entire system! (Yet curiously, they always seem unable to explain how replacing the last six feet of power cable can make such a remarkable difference without also replacing the other few hundred MILES of power cable that run back to the power station.... :roll: :!: )

Voodoo.

Just sayin' ...

- Stuart -
BriHar

Post by BriHar »

You trusted Genelec enough to buy them, then trust what they say. I think they know a bit about speakers don't you think.
Brian
As you slide down the bannister of life, may the splinters never point the wrong way...